10 BENEFITS OF STANDING AT WORK
- KICK START YOUR METABOLISM
- BURN CALORIES
- IMPROVED BLOOD CIRCULATION
- IMPROVED POSTURE
- BETTER BREATHING & OXYGEN FLOW TO THE BRAIN
- ENGAGE KEY MUSCLE GROUPS
- IMPROVE CONCENTRATION & COLLABORATION
- REDUCE STRESS
- REDUCE BLOOD PRESSURE
- SLEEP BETTER
DID YOU KNOW?
- In Scandinavia 90% of office workers have a sit-stand desk – this all started in the late 90’s and now is common place.
- Standing is effective in burning calories, improving blood circulation and tackling low blood pressure – standing up encourages movement and fidgeting. All are important to activate key muscle groups and your metabolism. Furthermore important enzymes which transfer bad cholesterol out of your arteries are much more effective when you stand.
- Standing improves your posture and encourages mobility. When standing you naturally aligning your spine to an "S" shape and thereby engage / strengthen your core muscles. It is important to break up sitting and reduce the risk of staying in a "C" shape posture.
- When you stand you are more confident and collaborative. When you need to complete an important sales call or conclude a difficult discussion you will be much more effective doing so standing. Try it yourself and you will be amazed.
- Certain tasks are done faster when standing. You will be amazed how much faster simple tasks such as going through your inbox or "to do" list can be done faster standing. Try it.
- Standing improves your breathing by allowing the chest to be fully open, giving full facility to the diaphragm.